Monday, January 31, 2011

Desolate

About 40 minutes south of downtown Chicago is a place called Gary, Indiana. The only thing they're known for is that it's the birthplace of Michael Jackson. Everytime I drive to Michigan to visit my parents, I hate passing through this town because of the pollution from all of the steel mills that are there (pictured here). I also just read today that the Gary Sanitary District dumped 6.8 billion gallons of raw and partially treated sewage into their river (over the past 3 years) which discharges into Lake Michigan- a source of drinking water for people in Chicago. I'm glad I never drink water from the tap no matter how much the water is treated.

I'm ready to move.

1 comment:

  1. Tap in Tokorozawa is nasty, too. It's too clean and tastes like chlorine.

    I'm ready for you to come visit me once I settle in. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete