Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Seven Year Itch

























In July, an artist by the name of Seward Johnson began setting up this Marilyn Monroe statue in Pioneer Court right downtown. On my way back from a movie, I actually saw them setting just the legs up at night, and I knew right away what it was going to be. I kind of liked how it looked with just the legs set up. Last year, the same artist did an homage to American Gothic, which I thought was great. I love seeing this statue everyday when commuting to work. Though, not everyone is pleased with the statue, and some think it's rather vulgar. I don't see anything vulgar about it (other than her granny panties).

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha! What I want to do is dress up just like Marilyn and do the same pose right under her legs...is that vulgar?

    ReplyDelete